Google Search Engine has Crawled My Site but Not Indexed It

Google search console has indexed some of my website pages but not indexed many of them. Some pages not indexed are product pages. I've been applying SEO recommendations and other edits to my site in order to improve indexing and get it listed on search results to no avail. Every time I update my site, I request Google to index it. (Just watched the SEO webinar on Squarespace today and learned that I have more work to do.)

My question is, what do I need to do to get Google to index my site and get it listed in search results? I want to sell product and not have a static website.

My website is: www.mzhandcraftedwoodworking.com

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @MarkZ_72,

Getting all pages on your site indexed on Google can be frustrating at times. Below I've added some potential solutions to help you out.

• Add more content to the pages: Google doesn't like to index "thin pages" (pages with less than 300 words), so it's best to add content in the form of FAQs and anything that will provide value to the reader. On some of your product pages, example, you have less than 200 words in the content.
  • Add more internal links: Internal links are links between the pages on your website. Adding more internal links make it easier for users (and Google) to navigate your site and will increase the chance you get indexed.
  • Get more backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites, to yours. The more high-quality, relevant backlinks your site has, the more likely you will get indexed and rank for more competitive keywords.
  • Follow SEO best practices: Customising the SEO for each page may not be enough - you typically need to ensure meta descriptions, SEO titles, URLs, images, alt tags etc., follow best practices to make it as easy as possible to rank. For example, ensure you compress all of your images; otherwise, you'll have a slow site that isn't user-friendly, which Google doesn't favour. 

Going through each page could help - my Squarespace SEO plugin identified a few things, such as your broken privacy policy link (attached).

In eCom SEO, one of the best strategies is focussing on collection pages, so you may also want to read into this topic.

Happy to help if you have any more questions.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.48.44.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

On 1/15/2023 at 11:06 PM, MarkZ_72 said:

Thank you for the list of action items. Being new to websites, SEO, and Google indexing, the major source of frustration is not knowing where my website comes up short. Now I have a good place to start.

No worries at all @MarkZ_72! SEO can be frustrating at times and full of jargon, but we're here to help 💪

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png