Bing Webmaster Tools: URL cannot appear on Bing

I launched this website almost a year ago and still cannot get Bing to index.  I get the message in Bing Webmaster Tools "Discovered but not crawled URL cannot appear on Bing". I've contacted Bing support about 10 times, they only reply with their standard "The inspected URL is known to Bing but has some issues which are preventing indexation. We recommend you to follow Bing Webmaster Guidelines to increase your chances of indexation." No issues indexing on Google. I'm at a loss, I've never had a problem getting any of my websites in the index, Squarespace, Wordpress, or other platforms. I even tried the Bing's new IndexNow. Any suggestions?

Edited by christinamcoss

Hi @christinamcoss,

Indexing can be an absolute pain at times. Below I've added some suggestions which could help here.

• Increasing your word count on pages: Typically, search engines want >300 words on each page to rank them. Adding an FAQ on your homepage can help with this.
  • Increase the number of high-quality backlinks: A look at Ahrefs tells me you don't have many backlinks. Try and get some more, such as your feature in: https://www.beverly-hanks.com/blog/easy-driveway-maintenance/ - you can get these by using your industry contacts, reaching out to news sites and connecting with other business owners in the space.
  • Submit your sitemap: I'm assuming you've done this, but if not, submit your sitemap to Bing.

Bing gets 9% of all search traffic, so if this doesn't work, it's not the end of the world. 

Hope this helps!

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.30.28.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

• 3 weeks later...