recurring donations payments

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We've been trying to do the same. As a non-profit religious organization, recurring donations are very common. All we've been asking for is a check box that allows the donor to designate a recurring contribution. We use Stripe for payment processing, and while they enable recurring payments, it is only for existing donors through subscriptions. Therefore, we've hit a wall trying to add this feature seamlessly. You can set up a form for donors to choose a recurring donation amount. You'll need to go to Stripe and add thier email to a subscription and provide instructions to them on submitting a request to remove their recurring donation, which involves you manually removing their email from the subscription.

In the meantime, we offer our donors two ways to give—Squarespace (via Stripe) for one-time payments and PayPal. Which easily allows recurring payments without maintaining subscriptions, and donors can stop the recurring payment in their PayPal account themselves.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 12.21.43 PM.png

Edited by Core-Truth
  • 10 months later...

I also need a solution for this. I'm managing a website for a faith-based nonprofit organization, which as mentioned above, is very common to have recurring donations. We're using Stripe for processing also. 

Is there a way to enable this on the Squarespace side?

On 2/26/2024 at 5:03 PM, chymer said:

Is there a way to enable this on the Squarespace side?

It is not currently (February 2024) possible to enable recurring donations through the Squarespace checkout but I'm hopeful that this will be added as there's lots of demand for this. In the meantime, you'll need to embed a third party service such as donorbox. They support daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual recurring donations.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

You can collect recurring donations through donorbox.org. You can embed the donation forms on your Squarespace website. Donorbox.org used to be free, but now they collect a 1.75% user fee unless you subscribe to the pro plan. But it's not hard to use and you can create different buckets (campaigns) to keep track of money raised for different events, etc. If you use donorbox to collect your donations, you don't need to pay the 3% Squarespace user fee (for Business plan).

Edited by AnnWempner