EU Cookie Banner

Hi there,

the German Squarespace site uses a cookie banner with different options to disable or enable certain cookies. I'm looking for the exact same thing, bummer it's not available within the system. A workaround would be a cookie consent tool, but that means extra costs. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

21 hours ago, ziska said:

the German Squarespace site uses a cookie banner with different options to disable or enable certain cookies. I'm looking for the exact same thing

As you said, Squarespace's own websites use the Cookie Consent Manager by TrustArc (formally TRUSTe). This tool is primarily designed for large corporates as it is part of a cloud platform for implementing compliance procedures. I believe they have a free version available with fewer options but I think you need to sign up for the free trial before they make pricing information available, which doesn't feel very transparent.

There are a number of other third party cookie consent tools on the market. Each has its own features and pricing models and some include a free option for fewer features, visitor limits or manual configuration.

Choices include (but aren't limited to)

Other forum users may like to add their experiences to this thread, with details of their favourite tools and examples of the cookie banners they have created 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee