How do I set up sliding scale payment?

Hello! I am hoping to add tiered/sliding scale pricing to my website where I sell physical products. I am hoping to have a checkout process by which people can insert how much they would like to pay for a product, or have 3 tiers of pricing that folks can chose from. I new to the squarespace world and completely lost! I have read many things online but still can't figure out the step by step approach to make this happen. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, lulubee said:

I am hoping to add tiered/sliding scale pricing to my website where I sell physical products. I am hoping to have a checkout process by which people can insert how much they would like to pay for a product

Squarespace doesn't support variable pricing. The only way to offer more than one price for a product is to add "variants" to each product so customers can select from a range of prices, just as they would more commonly select from a range of different sizes or colours. Each variant can have a different price.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

Thank you paul! Unfortunately, adding different prices via variants doesn't seem to be what I am looking for because doing so doesn't change the price at checkout. 

Do you have any information on how I could embed a pricing table via Stripe on my website? Thank you!

3 hours ago, lulubee said:

Unfortunately, adding different prices via variants doesn't seem to be what I am looking for because doing so doesn't change the price at checkout. 

If you set different prices on each variant they will be reflected at checkout but I honestly don’t think Squarespace is the right platform to achieve what you want. 

Edited by paul2009

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee