Multiple thumbnail image files open one common page that displays original image in hires plus has text and forms?

I have multiple galleries of photographs displayed as thumbnails. For each image, my ideal scenario is to click on the thumbnail and open a new page with a hi resolution photo of the same. That page would also have sales information on it, e.g, size of print, price, etc.

I know how to do this for one specific image, but is there a way to send the thumbnail to one common page that would display the original image in hi resolution and have the sales stuff on it? One page to sell them all, as it were.

I've experimented with a variety of approaches, so I'm asking/pleading for help from more knowledgeable SS web designers to help solve this problem. Is there a way to put the original image file url in cache and then retrieve it as a hires image on another page? How can I implement what I describe for many different thumbnails?

Edited by Bob_B
typo

I am a retired university professor (microbial genetic research), an avid photographer, and the designer of my own webpage, www.belasphoto.com

• Replies 1
  • Views 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One alternative that I also don't know how to implement, would be to override SS and permit enabling the lightbox _and_ linking to a new page. Anyone have any thoughts on how this might be done?

A third alternative, which I am currently working on, would be to put a link in the title of each image. I suspect this won't work. I'll post a successful outcome.

In the meantime, I hope to hear your thoughts, ideas, etc. Thanks

I am a retired university professor (microbial genetic research), an avid photographer, and the designer of my own webpage, www.belasphoto.com