Importing Members and Subscriber from a 7.0 to 7.1/fluid site

I have a client who wants to recreate/refresh their 7.0 site with members area and upgrade to 7.1 fluid with members area.

How can i transfer over their site members and also newsletter subscribers to the new site.

it looks like you can export a .csv of all profiles. but currently can't see anyway to actually import all profiles.csv into new 7.1 fluid website.

They have 1000's of members and newsletter subscribers. 

Anyone had experience?

• Replies 4
  • Views 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a client who wants to recreate/refresh their 7.0 site with members area and upgrade to 7.1 fluid with members area.

How can i transfer over their site members and also newsletter subscribers to the new site.

it looks like you can export a .csv of all profiles. but currently can't see anyway to actually import all profiles.csv into new 7.1 fluid website.

They have 1000's of members and newsletter subscribers. 

Anyone had experience?

49 minutes ago, abicon said:

In my experience, “upgrading” a client’s site from 7.0 to 7.1 is far more involved and more time-consuming than building a new site because the tools don’t exist to automate this. It’s a painful process and my advice is to bear this in mind when you’re quoting them.

You can move mailing lists by exporting them from the old site and importing them to the new site but you cannot move memberships or subscriptions.

The members will need to manually re-establish their memberships on the new site. You can’t sign them up for a member area on their behalf and it isn’t possible to import member profiles. Squarespace recommend that you contact the  members of the old site to let them know of the change, and invite them to sign up for the new site’s member areas.

See the Moving from Squarespace version 7.0 to version 7.1 checklist.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul, for your reply

Yes i have quoted a reasonable amount for the rebuild.

and I found the subscriber mailing list export.

Having to restablish the whole member area, is just horrible product design on Squarespace's part though.

No other way to describe it.

They look to be identical functionality wise in both versions, you would have thought some solution for this issue was possible.

💩

1 hour ago, JacquelineSnoderly said:

@paul2009 what is the rule of thumb for 7.1 to 7.1? I have a client who wanted to design their recently built 7.1 from scratch - going a different direction.

Can they import their subscribers from the original 7.1 site to the new one or is that feature simply not available no matter what version. Thanks!

It's not available on either version.