Embedded Code Block not visible on live site

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi,

I'm hoping someone may be able to kindly assist. I am trying to embed a trust badge on my website - https://www.simplehonours.co.nz/study-cb. I have obtained the javascript code provided and embedded this via a code block on my site. However when I save this, the outcome / badge is not displayed.

Once I've entered the code, as expected I receive the message stating that the embedded script is disabled while I'm logged in. I then log out and open the page in a separate incognito tab but still nothing is displayed. 

I'm unsure if it is an issue with the code or the way I'm adding it to my site. It appears to be a well used and readily available code that's referred to in many blogs. But unfortunately, ClickBank's Knowledge Base Article which is supposed to be used to help implement the badge is not available and appears to have been removed from their support site. 

I'm using Squarespace version 7.1, so it shouldn't be an Ajax loading issue or an index page issue. I've tried repositioning the code to other pages and opening in safe mode, but nothing seems to work. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Screenshots below.

image.jpeg.d0b44663073390080c8268a8dbd9c690.jpeg

image.jpeg.314c391937120ab858e6ab6fe25ec5ad.jpeg

image.jpeg.c98c0ac080b7b38620dbca7be1841e2f.jpeg

On 1/8/2023 at 1:24 AM, Andrew_w said:

I am trying to embed a trust badge on my website. I have obtained the javascript code provided and embedded this via a code block on my site. However when I save this, the outcome / badge is not displayed.

This should ideally be added to the Code Injection Header rather than a Code Block. To do this, go to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Header.

As this is a tracker that will track visitors to the website, don't forget to inform website visitors about this in your Privacy Policy 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul, thanks so much for your response. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for me either. I entered the code into the code injection header as you suggest, then saved, logged out and opened incognito....still nothing displayed. 

I actually just want it to appear on one page (https://www.simplehonours.co.nz/study-cb) rather than the whole site, so I tried entering the code via the Advanced Page Settings just for that page and this didn't work either. 

I'm wondering if the only way to do this is to somehow view the webpage as HTML code and then add my little bit of code just above the closing header tag. But I'm not sure how to do this, and I don't think Squarespace likes me playing around with the coding as I'm not an advanced user.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, Andrew_w said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for me either. I entered the code into the code injection header as you suggest, then saved, logged out and opened incognito....still nothing displayed.

I tested the code myself on a test site and it worked fine so this is probably due to settings on your site that conflict with the third party code.

Note that personal billing plans won’t support this code but if you are on a business plan or above, please add the code and I’ll take a look to see why it isn’t working in your site specifically. You can use the site-wide or per-page injection area depending on whether you want it to appear on one page or all pages.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, Andrew_w said:

I'm wondering if the only way to do this is to somehow view the webpage as HTML code and then add my little bit of code just above the closing header tag.

On Squarespace, the code injection option is how you achieve this. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution
On 1/9/2023 at 7:48 AM, Andrew_w said:

I've added the code via code injection for the whole site. I just wanted to check that you don’t need anything else from me to inspect the code?

The code appears to have been added three times, so if you've added it to the per-page injection and the site injection and the code block, you'll want to remove two of them.

After doing that, you should be able to make the remaining trust badge visible by adding this to Design > Custom CSS:

#cbBadge {
  z-index: 12;
}

This is necessary as the embedded code is using the same class as a built-in Squarespace class, causing the badge to be hidden in a layer underneath the header content.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2023 at 9:29 PM, StampJonah said:

Hey guys, I'm having a similar issue with an embedded script that is an animated verticle carousel. It appears in the wrong place in my live site on desktop, and doesn't appear at all on mobile. 😕

Can you share link to page where you added code block?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...

Hello - I am having the same problem as others in this thread.  I've added embedded code for an in line form from Flodesk, and the form box is not appearing on my website page.  I have previously added the form successfully to the page (at the top) I wanted to add the form a second time at the bottom, but this one isn't appearing.  I've tried logging out, opening in an incognito window but I still can't see it.  Can you suggest what I'm doing wrong?

The site page is www.glowyourmind.co.uk/register

Many thanks, Antonia

On 9/29/2023 at 10:58 PM, AntoniaDingle said:

Hello - I am having the same problem as others in this thread.  I've added embedded code for an in line form from Flodesk, and the form box is not appearing on my website page.  I have previously added the form successfully to the page (at the top) I wanted to add the form a second time at the bottom, but this one isn't appearing.  I've tried logging out, opening in an incognito window but I still can't see it.  Can you suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks, Antonia

Can you send both embed code? I will try testing on my site

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/29/2023 at 11:58 PM, AntoniaDingle said:

Many thanks, Antonia

I do have the same issue as this but the form was from Mailbluster is there any fix on this please.  Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:02 AM, chechebureche__ said:

I do have the same issue as this but the form was from Mailbluster is there any fix on this please.  Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

If you share link to page where you have problem, we can help easier

Or send to forum message