Products in a summary block

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello, 

Does anyone know what determines the order that products are shown in,  when using a summary block? 

It doesn't seem to be the order which they appear in the main shop, as if i move them there, it doesn't change the position when pulled to a summary block. it only changes the position in the main shop or category page.   

I have the lazy summaries installed so can order them by a-z which will do in a pinch, but am trying to figure out if there's something I can do when uploading the products to ensure that they appear how I want when pulled to a summary block.  

any insight greatly appreciated, thankyou.  

• Solution
On 1/6/2023 at 11:20 AM, Michaela_1 said:

Does anyone know what determines the order that products are shown in, when using a summary block? 

It doesn't seem to be the order which they appear in the main shop, as if i move them there, it doesn't change the position when pulled to a summary block.

Products are stored within Squarespace in the order they were added.

Although you can can reorder/rearrange products in the Store page UI, this only changes the order in which they appear on that Store page. It doesn't change the order in which they are stored, which always remains the same. This is why the order is not affected on Summary Blocks. The easiest way to sort a products collection in a Summary Block is with the excellent Lazy Summaries (paid add-on) - as you mentioned.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
typo

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi, 

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. 

I've also now realised that the first product added is at the bottom of the list, not the top as I'd expected when trying to figure it out to start with.  so it pulls them to the summary block in reverse of how you added them.  

So definitely using the lazy summaries plug in and sorting them a-z is  going to be the most practical way to manage it, but it was interesting figuring it out so that I understand how it is working.

Thanks again, have a lovely day 🙂