Saving product page deleted it

Site URL: https://www.fieldswithoutfences.org

I was changing the font on some text on an existing listing. I clicked "save" and received an error message - "sorry cannot be saved try again later" - this happened twice. I clicked refresh through my web browser, and then just like that, the listing was gone!

I am crushed because I had just launched our T-shirts and made sales and was depending on those reviews. I am told that if the content cannot be recovered the customers will not be able to review their purchases, and reviews are so precious!

I have had squarespace since 2013 and something like this - an action without a prompt - has NEVER happened before. I am completely spooked and curious if anyone else has experienced this, and how it is even possible???

Thanks for your responses in advance! I am told I may not hear from squarespace for a couple days as they review.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This just happened to me.  My wife was trying to edit the product description and when she hit backspace, it gave some pop up.  It was not the one pictured above.  I don't know what it said because she is impatient and just clicks clicks clicks, but it wasn't "Delete Product" and its options were "remove" or "cancel".  She clicked cancel, but the behavior recurred when hitting backspace in the description box again.  In her infinite wisdom, she clicked remove, whereupon it allowed her to type what she wanted and use the backspace.  Then she clicked save, and the product is now gone.

What is this?  I need the product back ASAP.

My wife was trying to edit the product description and when she hit backspace, it gave some pop up.  I don't know what it said because she is impatient and just clicks clicks clicks, but it wasn't "Delete Product" and its options were "remove" or "cancel".  She clicked cancel, but the behavior recurred when hitting backspace in the description box again.  In her infinite wisdom, she clicked remove, whereupon it allowed her to type what she wanted and use the backspace.  Then she clicked save, and the product is now gone.

What is this?  I need the product back ASAP. 

• 1 month later...

This just happened to me and I'm crushed. I had just sent out this new product listing to my email and then edited something quickly in the product listing after sending my email announcement and it deleted my listing. I'm crushed. 

Why did this happen?

I did click save and then it gave me the same error as above, and deleted it...Can tech support help us get our listing back, or is it in a trash can somewhere? Why don't we have a trash can? I think we should