Tumblr not showing under connected accounts

I tried connecting my tumblr account to under my squarespace site. Although I got a confirmation from Tumblr that Squarespace was authorized, and despite me selecting on Squarespace that the "push" option should be enabled, the addition of Tumblr under "Connected Accounts" is not happening despite the successful connection process.

My twitter, pinterest, facebook and instagram accounts have all been added without any issues.

Is there any issue with adding tumblr to squarespace?

Happy New Year. Cheers.

• Replies 4
  • Views 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm running into this issue right now. After the authorization pop-up process, the window stays blank with a squarespace logo on the bottom.

After looking at the source code for the window, it actually looks like there's a connection error: "{"error":"Could not find the requested ExternalAuthenticationRequest with name: <lots of jumbled letters and numbers>","notFound":true}"

I don't think this was an issue a year ago.  hopefully someone saves us!!

8 hours ago, jccc said:

After the authorization pop-up process, the window stays blank with a squarespace logo on the bottom.

If you have tried the connection process using an Incognito window and it still failed, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. Forum users would love to help but we are unable to assist with technical issues. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I emailed customer care in January and here was their response. Looks like it's still not resolved yet!

"Sorry to hear you've been running into trouble with connecting your account to your site. I checked out your screenshot & I can definitely see what you mean alright. We’re currently investigating an issue with the connecting Tumblr to a Squarespace site — thanks for reporting this to us. Our Engineering teams are prioritizing a fix for this as we speak.

There are many variables that we test against before we release a fix, so we can’t provide an exact timeframe for a resolution. We can’t always follow up personally when a fix is released due to the volume of reports we receive for this issue."