Adding a Field to Inventory Page

Hello, 

We sell Commerical Trucks using the ecommerce site design. On the Inventory Page we would like to be able to list the Mileage in addition to Product Name and Price. It appears we may have to custom code this in as the original design only allows for a product name and price on the home inventory page. Any help with this would be appreciated! 

image.png.68d7d6245d4d382ebb735c5fb152504b.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Custom code can not be used to add additional fields to SS's backend storage.

To get the mileage onto the inventory page you could add the mileage into the title of the product.

Ford F59 P900/16'/32,767mi

Then if you wanted you could hide the mileage info at some points around the site like on product pages with custom code. Keeping in mind that the custom code would alter the info only skin deep. Custom code can not change how SS stores info info in the backend.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.