Jump to content

Help with blog section - One site, two blogs

Recommended Posts

Hi there

I am building a simple site with two blogs (one is Journal and the other one Referenzen). I want to have different settings regarding style, meta tags, image size etc. The styling seems to copy over from the other blog and I don't want this. I would like to be able to style each page separately.  For example Referenzen should not display excerpt, read more link and no meta content for date.

https://nuvu-gallery.squarespace.com/
PW: nuvu2022

Thanks for your help.

Link to comment
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try 2 blogs, each page has a different style and it works properly

image.thumb.png.7dd2989dbf12f0252f5dedc1096fea03.png

image.thumb.png.c35acfaf6325fa1d3c787086399aeac6.png

Have you tried change the Edit section on blog page?

image.thumb.png.8596e73b94724aafef058dd42889b213.png

 

image.thumb.png.c8f66ce44f038e45ac3274fe4f370982.png

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
Quote

The styling seems to copy over from the other blog and I don't want this.

Your observation is spot on. Most of the collections types (Blog, Store, and etc.) share settings across their collection types.

So if you change one, all the others change as well.

When a collection has layouts, as does the Blog page, you can have two Blogs each using different layouts and those two blogs will be independant layout wise. But if you have two Blog pages each one using a Grid layout for example then those two blogs will share layout settings. Changes made in one, will be applied to the other.

It is very unfortunate that SS doesn't provide master settings and then allow for each page to override the master settings.

 

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
On 12/31/2022 at 4:49 PM, Beyondspace said:

I try 2 blogs, each page has a different style and it works properly

image.thumb.png.7dd2989dbf12f0252f5dedc1096fea03.png

image.thumb.png.c35acfaf6325fa1d3c787086399aeac6.png

Have you tried change the Edit section on blog page?

image.thumb.png.8596e73b94724aafef058dd42889b213.png

 

image.thumb.png.c8f66ce44f038e45ac3274fe4f370982.png

Hi @Beyondspace. Thanks for trying. Yes, all the general styling settings I set up in the Edit Section. Unfortunately, I still have the problem that if I change something in one blog, the other one gets changed as well.

Link to comment
On 1/1/2023 at 7:27 AM, creedon said:

Your observation is spot on. Most of the collections types (Blog, Store, and etc.) share settings across their collection types.

So if you change one, all the others change as well.

When a collection has layouts, as does the Blog page, you can have two Blogs each using different layouts and those two blogs will be independant layout wise. But if you have two Blog pages each one using a Grid layout for example then those two blogs will share layout settings. Changes made in one, will be applied to the other.

It is very unfortunate that SS doesn't provide master settings and then allow for each page to override the master settings.

 

Thank you very much @creedon! Do you know any workaround for my problem? It is very important to my client, that this two pages look differently.

Thanks, Sibylle

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sibylle_Zurich said:

Hi @Beyondspace. Thanks for trying. Yes, all the general styling settings I set up in the Edit Section. Unfortunately, I still have the problem that if I change something in one blog, the other one gets changed as well.

As @creedon mentioned before, all blog posts on a collection share the some style. It means that when you change one blog post, it will affect other too.

One approach we can consider is using the Css to target each Item and set the appropriate

Tool to get the page id: Squarespace ID Finder

http://recordit.co/qwnj09oNCa
 

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
Quote

Do you know any workaround for my problem?

I'm not aware of a solution but as @Beyondspace mentions we may be able to help with some CSS.

What would help us is if you could detail the two different layout settings you want to use for each Blog page. You could set up one, take some screenshots of the settings. Then do the same for the alternate layout. Post the screenshots here so we can use them as a potential guide.

Be sure to organize the images so that we know which batch of images are for which desired layout. Two posts might be easier for each group of images.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.