Checkout Domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

I'm currently on a Basic Commerce plan where I'd like to checkout on my Shopify domain rather than my Squarespace. I want to keep my store front on Squarespace and not change my whole domain over to Shopify. ( I only use Buy Buttons embedded on my Squarespace) My domain was initially bought from a third-party (Not Shopify nor Squarespace)

How can I manage to do that? I read up on DNS settings but it seems to involve me changing over my whole domain over to them?

Let me know if anyone can assist,

Thank you so much

• Solution
9 hours ago, Truly said:

I'm currently on a [Squarespace] Basic Commerce plan where I'd like to checkout on my Shopify domain rather than my Squarespace. I want to keep my store front on Squarespace and not change my whole domain over to Shopify. ( I only use Buy Buttons embedded on my Squarespace)

When you are using Shopify Buy Buttons on a Squarespace site, your customers will see a cart drawer and will then be directed to the checkout page on Shopify. By default, this will use a "myshopify.com" domain so if your website is using the domain www.bekomando.com then your Shopify checkout will likely use the domain name bekomando.myshopify.com.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I'd like to checkout on my Shopify domain". Perhaps you mean that you'd like the Shopify checkout to use a variation of bekomando.com?

If that's the case, then you'll need to create a new subdomain (something instead of "www") using the DNS panel of GoDaddy (where your domain name is hosted). For example, you may want to create a "shop" subdomain so that Shopify can use shop.bekomando.com. The GoDaddy support guide Add a subdomain may help you with this.

For help with adding the subdomain to Shopify, refer to the Shopify guide Connecting a third-party subdomain to Shopify.

If you need further help with this, I recommend that you contact Shopify or use their community forum as the next steps will relate to Shopify, not Squarespace.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.