Using ZIP code entered form to populate a third-party store locator

Hi, I have a lead generation form on my (staged) website that asks for basic customer info before they can access a store locator. I'd like to take the ZIP code they enter in the form, and use it to automatically populate a third-party Storepoint map (embedded on my Squarespace page) to avoid making the customer enter their ZIP twice after they complete the form.

Is this possible?

I know I can forward the form submission to a single ZIP URL (/?locate=90210,US), but I can't figure out how to have the form submission grab any number of ZIPs that might be entered from the form. 

Thanks for any help! 

• Replies 4
  • Views 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, cyclops said:

Hi, I have a lead generation form on my (staged) website that asks for basic customer info before they can access a store locator. I'd like to take the ZIP code they enter in the form, and use it to automatically populate a third-party Storepoint map (embedded on my Squarespace page) to avoid making the customer enter their ZIP twice after they complete the form.

Is this possible?

I know I can forward the form submission to a single ZIP URL (/?locate=90210,US), but I can't figure out how to have the form submission grab any number of ZIPs that might be entered from the form. 

Thanks for any help! 

Do you have any sample for your idea?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I don't have a real world example, but here are some screenshots of my current pages. The form is currently a basic Squarespace form, and when someone enters their info and hits submit, I'd like to autodirect them to this contractor finder page (also attached) except I'd like their ZIP to already be loaded so they're not having to enter it twice. The map finder I'm currently using is a Storepoint plugin. 

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.08.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.08.00 PM.png

18 hours ago, cyclops said:

I don't have a real world example, but here are some screenshots of my current pages. The form is currently a basic Squarespace form, and when someone enters their info and hits submit, I'd like to autodirect them to this contractor finder page (also attached) except I'd like their ZIP to already be loaded so they're not having to enter it twice. The map finder I'm currently using is a Storepoint plugin. 

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.08.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 12.08.00 PM.png

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!