Jump to content

Google Search Console- Discovered- Currently Not Indexed, nothing is fixing it.

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out why Google Search Console won't index my website. I verified my website and submitted my sitemap. It's discovered every URL on my website but it's not indexing them. It says: Validation started Started: 12/19/22 but nothing has changed since it supposedly started. It just lists all my URLs with "last crawled: N/A" next to it. I checked that none of my pages are blocked from being indexed but there's no problems there. I even checked the crawl stats but apparently there are no problems.

I had right click disabled throughout my website, which I removed because I thought that may have been the problem. Nothing changed. I'm wondering if my page anchors are causing issues. I have a Contents Section on each of my tutorials with page anchors leading to each title to make it easier to navigate. Google doesn't frown on this do they?

I'm concerned it's a content issue but I have no idea what would need fixing with that. My website is www.TheClayTalk.com if you want to have a look. I honestly have no idea where to go to from here. I've been searching on Google for an answer for the past week but nothing has gotten me closer to a solution.  I would greatly appreciate any thoughts that might help point me in the right direction. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have been having a very similar issue (maybe the same issue).   I've struggled getting indexed.   DIYer here. 

I finally realized in google search console last week that several of my blog articles and my Categories & Tags are not indexed.   Found the error on the blog about not being in the property.   So I added to the property the path to the blog itself.    Today I see some indexed but not all.

In my stress, I have been trying to get info from SEO groups -- and one kind soul suggested SEMRush and actually ran a report for me.  I see lots of errors -- javascript and css to which I have no clue how to fix (or even if I added them).   Temporary redirect, which I don' know how I did those either.

I see a lot of 503 errors that I don't understand.

That report seems to ding me for no meta descriptions on Tags and Categories -- which I'm told I cannot do in SQP.

I have been working on low hanging fruit this morning like broken links, missing descriptions, etc -- work in progress.   But I feel like there are some big errors I need to fix.  I just don't know how.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.