Why is my Markdown block showing as small strip

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I have used markdown to add my on-demand class page to my website but the size is wrong.

The on-demand classes are on recess.tv and i copied the iframe integration code but although it works only a tiny strip is visible on the page which means the viewer can't see the page properly - support can't help & said "I do see what you mean regarding your markdown block. It seems that the code you’ve added using the markdown block is not rendering in its expected size. Troubleshooting code falls outside our scope of support, so we can’t pinpoint the exact issue with the code."

Anyone got any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 18.12.48.png

The reason your iframe is a small strip is because iframe have default dimensions. If you don't do anything to change the size, then you get the default size.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution

I think about the best you could do given the restrictions of iframes is the following.

<iframe data-preserve-html-node="true" id="embedIframe" title="Recess Embed Iframe" width="100%" src="https://theartofmovement.on.recess.tv/embed/checkout/explore?hideMenu=true&amp;class_type=VOD" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" style="height: 100vh;"></iframe>

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.