"Unable to Purchase Item. The item is not available."

**Couple of things: I have a business account. I use the commerce function on another Squarespace website I have. It works fine.   Somewhere along the line Squarespace changed how users enter products into our websites. 

I spent hours entering items into my inventory only to get the below error (in quotes).

I cannot figure out why squarespace lets users add items to inventory and they don't tie (or allow you to add those items) back to the a product page. 

I have figured out through trial an error that I have to create a separate "product" page, add the items there first, in order to be able to make the checkout process even work. This means I will have dual entry items in my inventory. WHY don't they tie to one another?

Talk me off the ledge. Surely I am missing something simple. 

"We couldn't find the page you were looking for. This is either because:

• There is an error in the URL entered into your web browser. Please check the URL and try again.
  • The page you are looking for has been moved or deleted.

You can return to our homepage by clicking here, or you can try searching for the content you are seeking by clicking here."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SOLVED. When I put my items into categories (in inventory) in their setup a product page was generated (and disabled) in the unlinked section of my website. I didn't realize it because I didn't actually do it myself. I had to activate that page and then checkout worked.