Help! I think I need Javascript to build this menu on my client's homepage!

I'm trying to create a collapsible list with two columns that utilizes the space in the other column when each item is clicked. Ideally the arrows (images) change to x's when clicked and the content will pop up in the other column. I'm in over my head! Anyone have any beautiful custom code ideas? Javascript? The idea is to contain as much info as possible on the homepage without over-cluttering.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.30.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.31.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.31.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.31.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.32.18 AM.png

2 hours ago, didanyc said:

I'm trying to create a collapsible list with two columns that utilizes the space in the other column when each item is clicked. Ideally the arrows (images) change to x's when clicked and the content will pop up in the other column. I'm in over my head! Anyone have any beautiful custom code ideas? Javascript? The idea is to contain as much info as possible on the homepage without over-cluttering.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.30.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.31.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.31.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.31.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.32.18 AM.png

Can we put all title items on one side (left or right) and their content is put on the opposite position? If we can do it, the solution can be more simple.

If you require that these items are on both sides, we need implement a more complex codes.

Can I PM you for more detail discussion

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!