How to a create a simple card structure?

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Was there ever resolution to this?  I, too, am struggling with putting something like this together. The trouble with the summary sections is they require you to link that information to somewhere else on your site. I just want 3 rectangular floating cards that highlight information about the product or service on the page. 

I used rectangle shapes with drop shadow and added text over the rectangles, but on certain browsers everything appears awful, honestly.  Even the screen shot that I've attached looked better on my ginormous display than it does right now on my laptop.  And don't get me started about how it appears on mobile at the moment 😄 

Would love any ideas on how to create something like this without summarizing a different page somewhere else on the site, since this is to just highlight certain aspects of what they're looking at on the page they're on. 

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.06.17 AM.png

16 hours ago, RadiantMeatball said:

Was there ever resolution to this?  I, too, am struggling with putting something like this together. The trouble with the summary sections is they require you to link that information to somewhere else on your site. I just want 3 rectangular floating cards that highlight information about the product or service on the page. 

I used rectangle shapes with drop shadow and added text over the rectangles, but on certain browsers everything appears awful, honestly.  Even the screen shot that I've attached looked better on my ginormous display than it does right now on my laptop.  And don't get me started about how it appears on mobile at the moment 😄 

Would love any ideas on how to create something like this without summarizing a different page somewhere else on the site, since this is to just highlight certain aspects of what they're looking at on the page they're on. 

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.06.17 AM.png

Have you tried List Section yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, I'm currently having a similar issue - I'm currently using "simple list" to create the card feauture but as seen in the attached screenshot I can't replicate/implement the same look as shown in the design. The cards on the site are so far away and "fat". Is there a way to customize and fix this?

Also, for some reason I can't change the font family/style either - any advice on that?

Screenshot 2024-04-19 200324.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 200351.png

Screenshot 2024-04-20 010704.png

Screenshot 2024-04-20 010733.png

On 4/20/2024 at 7:14 AM, PapaJoe said:

Hi, I'm currently having a similar issue - I'm currently using "simple list" to create the card feauture but as seen in the attached screenshot I can't replicate/implement the same look as shown in the design. The cards on the site are so far away and "fat". Is there a way to customize and fix this?

Also, for some reason I can't change the font family/style either - any advice on that?

Screenshot 2024-04-19 200324.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 200351.png

Screenshot 2024-04-20 010704.png

Screenshot 2024-04-20 010733.png

Can you share link to page where you have problem? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

16 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

Yes.

Here's the link: https://trainingwithshirley.squarespace.com/

Password: train

You mean make this

image.thumb.png.5713ed91fb921c533646f0fbc336ca8c.png

same this?

• round corners
  • bold title
  • decrease space between items
  • change button background, color, text style

?

image.png.3539fcd7041859aaae534c841c0a688e.png

Or send to forum message