Pages Found But Not Indexed

Hi

I've published my website and connected Google Search Console. It says validation was started on 12/12/22 but none of my 46 pages are indexed. I am new to anything computer related and don't know what to do. If none of my pages are indexed I'm assuming google will never show me in search results. Does anyone have any suggestions? And how do I know if I'm verified? There were so many steps and I'm totally confused. Please help🙏

Tiffany

• Replies 1
  • Views 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tiffany,

Without more context on your site, it's difficult to know the exact reason, but I have added some tips below.

• Make sure each page has a minimum of 300 words, or they will be classed as "thin content" pages and will be unlikely to rank
  • Ensure you have filled out your meta description and SEO titles for each page
  • If your website is new, it may not have any backlinks. Backlinks are links from other websites, to your own. Having more high-quality backlinks from other sites in your industry increases your likelihood of ranking - you can gain these through industry contacts you may have or collaborating with other businesses.
  • Submit your sitemap - on Google Search Console, type in "sitemap.xml" into the below box and press submit.

It can take some time for new websites to get indexed, so don't worry too much. As long as your site provides value and doesn't do anything severely wrong, it'll get there 💪

image.thumb.png.9dc9113ca65998518937a7e20e35adad.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png