How does one mark invoices in scheduling as "Paid" if they are paid in cash?

• 1 month later...

I started using the invoice feature. How can I change the payment status of the invoice in the invoicing part? Apparently I can just delete the invoice. 

This feature is really very poor and so disappointing: I also wasn't able to change the size of my logo, which is way too small but I couldn't see any answer about that. There is also no field for my name and address so I added that in the text field. Is an update planed soon? This is really basic service which is provided at a much higher level by other companies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Leah, I stumbled across your query while looking for the answer myself. I contacted customer support and they said...

'The Invoices toll is designed to be used to charge clients custom amounts through the linked payment processor although Invoices aren’t connected to specific appointments.   

If you want the these payments to be reported within your Sales reporting through your payment processor you can manually update the completed appointment as paid in cash and complete the sale. Consider adding a note that the payment came via cash or bank transfer and delete the unpaid invoice.'

I asked if this might be an option going forward and they said if enough people request it, then it probably would in the future. So keep letting them know :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Squarespace - please do add the functionality to mark an invoice as 'paid' manually. This is probably going to make the difference between whether I can use Squarespace as my website provider or whether I'll have to use an alternative,

Thanks for your help,

Laura

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just another person here searching for if this is possible and requesting the feature is added (I haven't got far enough in my research to know whether it already has been, but given the previous post was only 10 days ago, I'm guessing not!)

• 1 month later...

No!!! I was really hoping they added the ability to mark an invoice as paid by now. Boo. 

note to anyone looking for this in the Acuity Scheduling feature - it IS possible with appointments/classes.

I’m trying to figure out how to do this for products and services that are sometimes sold in person.

Edited by cornzippers

The ability to manually mark invoices as 'PAID' is essential, especially when numerous clients pay in cash. The current lack of this feature is highly inconvenient and hinders the professional issuance of 'PAID' receipts. Implementing this feature would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

SS, are you listening? We would like to be able to change invoice status to "paid".

Also, it would be nice to be able to list items in an invoice as non-taxable - as in wholesale sales.

(so the order can move to my shipstation "awaiting shipment" queue)

Maybe SS will notice if they scrape these forum posts for certain key words like:

disappointed

bug

bad interface

needed feature

missing feature

terrible

awful

... and maybe: please fix this!