Glitch with checkout

I am being contacted by clients letting me know they can't checkout. They are being told an item is sold out when there is 1 in my inventory. When I tried making the inventory two, to see if that would allow the checkout my customer was not able to reduce the number she wanted to purchase to one. This has happened several times. I don't know what to do, as it doesn't seem to be happening on every listing, but unless someone contacts me I don't know about the trouble. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, KerriMcCabeArt said:

I am being contacted by clients letting me know they can't checkout. They are being told an item is sold out when there is 1 in my inventory. When I tried making the inventory two, to see if that would allow the checkout my customer was not able to reduce the number she wanted to purchase to one.

This issue usually happens when you have limited stock and you have enabled the Express Checkout option - as you have.

When Express Checkout is enabled, customers do not see a cart icon or a cart page. Instead, they are sent straight to the checkout instead to complete their purchase with fewer steps. However, if they do not complete their purchase, the item remains in their cart/checkout forever. As they already have that one item in their cart, they cannot add another. I hope that makes sense.

When you increase the stock to two, the customer can add another one to the checkout, meaning that two are now in the checkout. 

There are two ways around this.

1. You can disable Express Checkout. Customers will then see a cart icon showing they already have one item in their cart.

2. You can direct the customer to go to your cart page (your website URL plus "/cart"), where they can manually remove items from the cart, and then attempt the purchase again.

I hope this helps. One other thing, assuming the site is artistkerrimccabe.com, the links in the footer of the site aren't complete - they link to a Squarespace demo site and boilerplate content 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

Honestly, I just paid for a year. I keep having trouble with the check out on my site and I have no way of knowing until someone tells me. I am beyond discouraged and disappointed with Squarespace and I would really like to get my money back and go with another server. I have no confidence in this site. 

1 hour ago, KerriMcCabeArt said:

Honestly, I just paid for a year. I keep having trouble with the check out on my site and I have no way of knowing until someone tells me. I am beyond discouraged and disappointed with Squarespace and I would really like to get my money back and go with another server. I have no confidence in this site. 

If you are within the 14-day refund window, you can cancel your account. If you aren't, I would contact support and see if they can nail down your issue and/or make an exception. Note that because their refund policy is clearly stated on their website, they do not have to make an exception, but it never hurts to ask.

Link to refund policy: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000623648-Refund-policies?platform=v6&websiteId=63cbb50a382a9f16d0617b89

You can contact Squarespace Customer Care directly by clicking HERE.

If you have any issues you can read more about how to contact support HERE.