Turn off automatic hyphenation?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 19
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would first need to specify the mobile screen size you are targeting, and the element such as body text, site title or whichever element it's occurring with. It might look something like this for iPad:

@media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {
 body {
   word-wrap: normal;
   -webkit-hyphens: none;
      -moz-hyphens: none;
           hyphens: none;
}

You would add this to the CSS Editor.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks! It took me a little searching to find this. I was searching word wrapping, word dashes, etc. This fixed my issues of my index text boxes being wrapped weirdly on an iPad 2 and in Firefox. I didn't have the same issue with Chrome, so weird.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It worked on Thorne. Thank you!Since the text I was wanting to apply the code to is formatted as Header 2 textI used it with h2 only p, h2 { -webkit-hyphens: manual !important; -moz-hyphens: manual !important; -ms-hyphens: manual !important; hyphens: manual !important; }

• 3 months later...

Sorry to be slow (no coding experience whatsoever) but I am having this in Alex with the description on my banner image. I have tried to copy and paste this in the Advanced section in the banner but nothing happens. Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Archived