My site is showing two Instagram icons, which each go to the correct Instagram account page.

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I noticed recently that my site is displaying two Instagram icons. Each links to the same (and proper) account. In the page editor, there is only one icon showing on each page.

However, when I save any of my changes, two Instagram icons appear.

while_editing.png

after_editing.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

The two links may end up at the same place but their syntax is different. Go to Settings > Social Links. Are there two IG links there? If so, delete one.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:00 PM, creedon said:

The two links may end up at the same place but their syntax is different. Go to Settings > Social Links. Are there two IG links there? If so, delete one.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you - what a simple solution. I wish I had an excuse for overlooking that.

7 hours ago, Cristina_Reolon said:

I have the opposite problem

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:10 AM, Cristina_Reolon said:

I have the opposite problem

The IG link is indeed not there. It is not a matter of it being hidden for some reason.

The only thing that comes to mind would be to test the URL for the IG link in your browser to see that it works. Get the link from the SS social links interface itself.

Let us know how it goes.

15 hours ago, creedon said:

Il collegamento IG in effetti non c'è. Non si tratta di nasconderlo per qualche motivo.

L'unica cosa che mi viene in mente sarebbe testare l'URL per il collegamento IG nel tuo browser per vedere che funziona. Ottieni il collegamento dall'interfaccia dei collegamenti sociali SS stessa.

Fateci sapere come va.

I put this address.  (  https://www.instagram.com/hello.zoedro/  )
which is active and works.
What can I do otherwise?

Thank you so much for helping me!

15 ore fa, creedon ha scritto:

Il collegamento IG in effetti non c'è. Non si tratta di nasconderlo per qualche motivo.

L'unica cosa che mi viene in mente sarebbe testare l'URL per il collegamento IG nel tuo browser per vedere che funziona. Ottieni il collegamento dall'interfaccia dei collegamenti sociali SS stessa.

Fateci sapere come va.

Among other things I see that I put the linkedin link, but I have not added it! How is it possible?

is it possible that they add it to the theme I use?

I don't see SS adding IG as an option. SS is pretty much in maintenance mode. SS also removed that feature from v7.1 so there really doesn't seem to be a priority on this feature.

Please see Share buttons in version 7.0.

It might be possible to use custom code to add IG to the Share buttons but I know of no code that does this.