Is there any way to display two store pages within one summary block (7.0)

I'm working with a client who is still using 7.0 (and isnt interested in switching over to 7.2) He wants to display all of his products seamlessly in one summary block. However the problem is that he has too many items to have only one store page- so the products are split between two pages. Is there any code I can use to display two pages within one summary block?

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Views 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2022 at 1:51 PM, laurensmithart said:

I'm working with a client who is still using 7.0 (and isnt interested in switching over to 7.2) He wants to display all of his products seamlessly in one summary block.

Take a look at the Sync Collections plugin.

This plugin allows you to combine multiple store pages and display them in one "Lazy Summaries" Summary Block.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 12/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, laurensmithart said:

I have the Lazy Summaries which allows up to  250 for summary blocks but I don't see how to use it to combine store pages.

A Squarespace 7.0 product page can contain up to 200 products. If you are using the Lazy Summaries plugin to display more than 30 products in a Summary Block then you'll currently be limited to displaying those 200 products in a Summary Block. 

However, the Sync Collections plugin that I mentioned above was designed to plug that gap. It is an addon by the same author and it allows you to "join" product pages (or other collection pages) together. The Lazy Summaries plugin can then show all of those products in the same Summary Block. If I understood you correctly, this is what you want to achieve?

That said, reading the data from several product pages is always going to be slower than using a Squarespace 7.1 product page that can contain up to 10,000 products. For this reason, I would always recommend that a client upgrade to Squarespace 7.1 than use workarounds on version 7.0. It will be much faster and this usually results in higher conversion rates and improved SEO. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.