Change Product Quantity to '+' and '-' buttons (mobile friendly)

• Replies 10
  • Views 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, edthedev said:

Hello,

url: https://buffalo-daffodil-a6zh.squarespace.com/

password: newnormal1

I'm trying to figure out how I can make the quantity function more user friendly on mobile.

I want the product page to follow the same logic as the 'Shopping Cart' quantity: image.png.8a7149e84b73d51c39d73fe900a9bdf2.png

Instead of this:

image.png.5c15a8855e8f9d1ab6201687f0f80e6c.png

Any help would be great! Thanks 🙂

The quantity on shopping cart have 2 buttons to change the number. If you need the same solution, we need to implement some javascript to add some additional element and run some action of increasing and decreasing quantity. What is your current plan?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I've managed to inject the HTML code and matched the CSS... now the part im struggling with is how do I make it increment via a js script.. and making sure it hooks up to the quantity of that item / when the user clicks 'Add to cart' need to make sure this new quantity is being parsed through..

image.png.a8c52d2049cb9259c3b34fd404d38f16.png

Edited by edthedev

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there,

I think this might be a long shot but thought I'd ask anyway! I absolutely detest the quantity box on Squarespace. I feel it's so inappropriate on both desktop and mobile as it's very awkward and fiddly to work with in comparison with some other sites I've used.

Is it possible to replace it with the version which is used in the Cart on square space by any chance? See below screenshot of the Cart version which is a lot more usable I feel on both desktop and mobile.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 12.50.34 a.m..png

Edited by niteshifte
forgot to add a detail.