images from page when changed in seo and settings take a day or more to actually show up?

Go to solution Solved by Sarai,

hi there... i've been trying to get my first blog to show up on social media with the image i want and the text i want and as i'm slowly figuring out how to do this - which seems i need to go into settings, set the photo there plus change the description in the seo content for it to show up properly when i post the link on social media.    But then when i do it it doesn't actually shift how it shows up on social media for another 24 hours or so.   any thoughts on why this is happening?

thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it some more time. Not everything is instantaneous on the internet. Many things are updated intermittently as it is technically impossible to do it right at the moment.

Search engines are an example. Things getting reindexed are pretty much in a queue. The crawlers have to work their way through the queue and that takes time.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

it's just that everything else seems to update immediately when i edit the site

That is the craft of building web interfaces. Stuff like editing a website wouldn't work if it was queued, or a least obviously queued.

And just to be clear your changes, I suspect, are being reflected on the SS side of things immediately. It's the social media side that has the queue thing going.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.