EDIT: Now Resolved - Issue with selecting and deleting text due to new highlight feature pop up

I'm currently unable to highlight a paragraph of text and delete it. There appears to be a new feature that is promoting the ability to highlight text. Each time I attempt to select the text I'd like to delete, the pop up reappears. 

There is likely a simple solution that I'm just missing, but I'm stumped. How can I get the SquareSpace pop up to go away for good? I've tried clicking "skip" and the other buttons - it still continues to popup.  Link to show issue: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/vdL2N9zXcuFohWmLA6dq16?

EDIT: This issue has now been resolved. 

Edited by Kaxel

Same issue here as well. Tried even hiding the modal by using Dev Tools in Chrome, but as soon as I click another text box the "highlight feature pop-up" comes right back. Super frustrating. Can't edit any text on a website that's launching January 1st. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

EDIT: My site started working again - I didn't change anything or do anything differently, just reloaded the page and it started working. Maybe they're working on a fix?

Edited by austinwduncan
Update
  • Kaxel changed the title to EDIT: Now Resolved - Issue with selecting and deleting text due to new highlight feature pop up

SS does have a tendency to repeatedly hit you with new feature dialogs and ads in an annoying manner.

I'm still being asked to choose my Store page layout design every several interactions even though the new layouts were released ages ago.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

3 hours ago, austinwduncan said:

Same issue here as well. Tried even hiding the modal by using Dev Tools in Chrome, but as soon as I click another text box the "highlight feature pop-up" comes right back. Super frustrating. Can't edit any text on a website that's launching January 1st. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

EDIT: My site started working again - I didn't change anything or do anything differently, just reloaded the page and it started working. Maybe they're working on a fix?

Even a page refresh is not working for me.