Getting captions to appear in lightbox view only

Hello There! 

I have a gallery of images that I've added captions to, however, I want the captions to only appear in the light box view, not under the photos in the gallery grid view. I have tried some custom code with no luck. If anyone has a solution I would love some help! Thank you so much. Please see photos attached for reference. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.24.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.23.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.23.29 PM.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I don't have a solution at this time but I can provide some thoughts.

SS doesn't expose captions in the lightbox so to get there you'd need some JavaScript to add the captions in. The JavaScript could use the image alt attribute to grab the caption text from.

Then you'd need to CSS to style the caption. The CSS appears to be a bit challenging at first glance.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Eunice_SQSP changed the title to Getting captions to appear in lightbox view only