Intro video background color

So I've tried doing the whole URL video and CSS offered to me here to get this intro section video to work how I want and nothing worked properly.  So now I tried the new option of uploading the video directly via Squarespace's new video gallery option and it still has this black section behind it and even bigger on the mobile version. 

There has got to be a simple way to just get a video to display the length of the screen properly without any background showing like a normal website that just plays the video the width of the screen automatically upon going to the home page.  Just want everything to be white around it and full width in both Computer, tablet or mobile views.

https://www.timelessweddingfilms.com/
Password is: Weddings

Edited by AdamSupra
website
  • Replies 7
  • Views 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Adam, what's the URL for your website?

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
19 hours ago, AdamSupra said:

Sorry for some reason it keeps not saving it in the post so just added it in the body... 

Hey Adam, you have uploaded it via a video block by the looks of things.

You'll need to add it to the background itself by clicking the pen icon in the top right of the section, clicking on video and uploading there.

Hope this helps!

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
5 hours ago, bycrawford said:

Hey Adam, you have uploaded it via a video block by the looks of things.

You'll need to add it to the background itself by clicking the pen icon in the top right of the section, clicking on video and uploading there.

Hope this helps!

I've tried it that way, and also in the intro, and with code suggested by others on here.  Nothing seems to make the video go the full width of the page or get rid of a black bar that I can now see on mobile view.  There's other things on my page that I would like to go full width as well that don't but the video is the first thing I need to fix.

5 hours ago, AdamSupra said:

Ok, might have fixed the black bar problem at least in mobile view but I still see it in tablet mode for some reason.

So you've clicked into background and added the video there? Then deleted the video block so there isn't an crossover?

Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 08.35.05.png

17 hours ago, bycrawford said:

So you've clicked into background and added the video there? Then deleted the video block so there isn't an crossover?

Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 08.35.05.png

It wasn't working how I wanted any other ways, so I added it in the media section of the Page settings (only allowed through a url of course.  But now the padding is all off, and if I change the padding for that then it changes for all pages.  

Also, in mobile view crops differently.  Or if you adjust the browser size on PC it just changes everything.

Tablet View also looks horrible for many things.

Don't understand why everything doesn't adjust properly for sizing.

Edited by AdamSupra