Empty h1 tag in header on every page

Hello everybody,

we would like to configure the headline structure in Squarespace.
An image is set as logo. But there is a h1 tag set which is causing in an empty <h1> tag on every page.
From a SEO perspective this is not recommended. Do you have any suggestions, how to solve this?

You can have a look to the website here: https://www.lukasbischof.eu/

The following Squarespace template/theme is used: BedfordLIVE
Thanks ahead!

Regards
Tobias

• Replies 3
  • Views 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tobias, I've looked at your site and can see the multiple H1s (highlighted below).

I don't have experience with this theme in particular, so hopefully, someone else can support here, but as a short-term fix on your homepage, change the second H1 to an H2.

I would consider moving away from this theme if a solution cannot be found, as your H1 is one of the main things that will tell Google what you want to rank for.

I will message a friend of mine to see if he has a solution.

image.thumb.png.566c53f0c3d3fde90d75142285047298.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Hey @TobiasH, jumping in. I'm the friend Henry mentioned fyi!

There may be a convoluted solution (hoping someone can help you in the short term), but the older version of Squarespace that you are currently on is notoriously tricky for SEO.

I'd advise upgrading to 7.1 which is much, much better for SEO as well as design, ease of use, etc. If you have any questions you can always drop me a line.

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody, 
I know, a late answer from my side, but your information helped a lot. 
We need to update to a newer version of Squarespace and we're currently checking the different options, as the older version is not that good from a SEO perspective. For now, thanks! I will keep you updated.