Help needed with finding navigation structure

Go to solution Solved by LucyMac,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm fairly new to working with Squarespace and have not been able to find where I can see the menu/navigation structure easily. I have blog posts under the incorrect category that need to be moved and I can't work out how to fix this. If someone can please point me in the right direction, I will be very grateful. I have searched the community area with no luck. I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes but I need help pointing it out.

I worked with Wordpresss for many years and setting up the navigation structure is second nature to me there but I can't see where to do it in Squarespace.

Thanks Derrick, I'm not comfortable with displaying my password in public and I don't think you will get much out of looking at my site, yet.

I have looked over the pages and posts and what I thought would automatically connect to the blog url - example www.mydomain.com/blog/blog-post - as the blog post, is connected to another page, www.mydomain.com/page/blog-post. The name of the page is the same name as one of my categories.

Is there a video tutorial that you could point me to which shows how pages are linked to the menu?

On 12/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, LucyMac said:

Thanks Derrick, I'm not comfortable with displaying my password in public and I don't think you will get much out of looking at my site, yet.

I have looked over the pages and posts and what I thought would automatically connect to the blog url - example www.mydomain.com/blog/blog-post - as the blog post, is connected to another page, www.mydomain.com/page/blog-post. The name of the page is the same name as one of my categories.

Is there a video tutorial that you could point me to which shows how pages are linked to the menu?

Site access password, not account login password

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Just set the permissions in config/settings to password. This is a viewable password only. And to answer your questions, all pages  in the linked section of your site will show up on the menu bar including the home page. Any pages in the unlinked section do not. there are exceptions to this, pages in a portfolio or index page do not appear on the nav bar. Best to not but blog pages in an index page, they should be in the linked section on their own. 

• Solution

Thanks tuanphan and Derrick.

Before I get to that, I have been busy writing articles the past couple of days. I think what I need to do is have multiple blog pages that are named as my three main categories and add category associated posts under each of those pages so they will populate with the assigned posts I am writing. I had them as blank pages which I cannot add posts to. That's where I was confused.

If it doesn't make sense to you, it does to me so I think I'm good for now. I really appreciate your offer to help.