Google Tag Manager - Add to Cart not working

Hi,

I am tracking the events with Google Tag Manager. I have tried to set up the "Add to Cart" event but it seems to be not working. The "add to cart" tag just does not fire!

I have tried different triggers such as setting click text, click class, click element, etc. No success so far. Is anyone able to give some advice, please?

*UPDATE: it works when I try it in Microsoft Edge. But it doesn't work in Google Chrome! very odd
Edited by Arch-kid
update
  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

@Arch-kid @polvoleather

I create a guide to track ecommerce events--including add to cart--on Squarespace sites using Google Tag Manager: https://www.tayloreddata.com/blog/how-to-track-ga4-ecommerce-events-on-your-squarespace-website

You can simply copy and paste the code into your own Google Tag Manager containers, just test and ensure it works for your website 🙂

Once I implemented this code, I'm able to measure how many people view my products, select a item, add to cart, remove from cart, begin checkout, and make a purchase in GA4:

Analytics_Purchasejourney-ga4.thumb.png.a95632a908c6e3908040609fecb75487.png

ecommerce-purchase-journey-ga4-exploration-report.thumb.png.78d3d8d061ff61ce02cf64c5f0122b4a.png

Let me know if you have any questions!

Data Nerd 🧑🏾‍💻|  I help businesses transform data into actionable insights & sales | Chat with me about your website + marketing analytics challenges: TayloredData.com

Prefer video tutorials? Check out my latest marketing and web analytics how to videos