Selling courses using member areas

Go to solution Solved by bycrawford,

Hello,

I've created several sites using Squarespace, and for the first time I have a client who wants to be able to use her site to sell access to courses. I've read through all the articles in knowledgebase about member areas, but it's still unclear: Do I need to create a different member area for each course, and then people who purchase access to the course are gaining access to that member area? Is this the only way to sell courses unless it's a straight up digital download purchase?

I'm envisioning people being able to log in and see a dashboard where they can see which courses they have purchased. Is this possible in Squarespace? 

Thanks in advance for the clarity. 
Lindsey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hey Lindsey,

You'll need to create a new membership area for each course. I built an entire video course in Squarespace here: https://www.bloglifestylemastery.com/

Essentially, when the user logs in, they'll be able to see all members areas that they're subscribed to (and pages within) listed like products in the pop out to the right of the page. Pic attached for reference.

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 12.41.56.png

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
  • 3 months later...

@bycrawfordI am just trying to set up a members area to create an online subscription course for post-natal pilates, and am having trouble uploading videos that I have already filmed, and edited. The main problem being- sometimes it just wont upload, othertimes when it has loaded it is loading the untrimmed version. I am using Quicktime player on iMac for reference. Any ideas? incredibly frustrating when I am paying for the extra function and at present it seems fairly useless and time consuming when I have all the content ready to go, thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, calmcontrolpilates said:

@bycrawfordI am just trying to set up a members area to create an online subscription course for post-natal pilates, and am having trouble uploading videos that I have already filmed, and edited. The main problem being- sometimes it just wont upload, othertimes when it has loaded it is loading the untrimmed version. I am using Quicktime player on iMac for reference. Any ideas? incredibly frustrating when I am paying for the extra function and at present it seems fairly useless and time consuming when I have all the content ready to go, thanks in advance.

Hey! It sounds like the issue is with the size/format of the video and not Squarespace itself.

Make sure your video is under 30 mins and the right format (mp4 works well).

That should help 🙂

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.