Setting store currency

Hello!
I'm having trouble finding my national currency to set it up as my official online currency.

My national currency is the Romanian leu (RON). This is not an available currency on Squarespace. But, I have connected Stripe as may payment processor, and was expecting that this would solve the problem - as I've understood from the Help Centre.

Could anyone help me with some information regarding how I can choose RON as my official currency for my online store?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, CantemirP said:

I'm having trouble finding my national currency to set it up as my official online currency. My national currency is the Romanian leu (RON). I have connected Stripe as my payment processor, and was expecting that this would solve the problem.

Sadly Squarespace doesn't support the Romanian Leu (RON) so you won't be able to take payments in this currency using Squarespace Commerce or the Squarespace checkout. 

Although Stripe supports a wider range of currencies it only supports the following currencies when connected to Squarespace:

• Argentine Peso (ARS)*
  • Australian dollars (AUD)
  • Brazilian Real (BRL)
  • British pound (GBP)
  • Canadian dollars (CAD)
  • Colombian Peso (COP)*
  • Czech Republic koruna (CZK)
  • Danish krone (DKK)
  • Euro (EUR)
  • Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
  • Indian Rupee (INR)
  • Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)*
  • Israeli shekel (ILS)
  • Malaysian ringgit (MYR)
  • Mexican peso (MXN) 
  • New Zealand dollar (NZD)
  • Norwegian krone (NOK)
  • Philippine peso (PHP)
  • Polish zloty (PLN)
  • Russian ruble (RUB)
  • Singapore dollar (SGD)
  • South African Rand (ZAR)*
  • Swedish krona (SEK)
  • Swiss franc (CHF)
  • Thai baht (THB)
  • US dollars (USD)

* Currencies marked with an asterisk are only supported when the Stripe account is located elsewhere, in a supported Stripe country.

If your site is aimed at an international customers, you could choose to take payments in an another popular currency like Euros or US Dollars instead. 

You'll find additional information here:

Supported countries and currencies for Squarespace Commerce (support guide)

List of countries (not currencies) supported by Stripe

Currencies extension for Squarespace (a paid add-on to show prices in unsupported currencies)

Did this help to clarify the situation? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, CantemirP said:

Is there a possible solution through which I can sell in my own currency and still use Squarespace?

You won't be able to use Squarespace's commerce features with your currency but, if you have just a few products, you may want to consider adding buy buttons to your squarespace website: 

How to use Shopify Buy Buttons with Squarespace

Add Square Payments to your Squarespace Online Store

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.