How to know what a customer purchased when they order something

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

I'm currently organizing my products and have 4 different courses I sell on my website. When a customer purchases a course from me, how do I know on my end which course they purchased? Do I have access to this kind of data?

Right now all I see is their order number, and how much they paid. It would be really helpful to know who buys what. Thanks!

If you are using Squarespace Commerce to sell products or services you'll be able to view details in the Orders panel. This video explains further. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

It's difficult to provide more information until we know more about what you are selling and how you are selling it. For example, are you using Squarespace Commerce to sell memberships or services, or are you using Squarespace Scheduling?

A link to your site will also help forum users to help you. Please see How to Post a Forum Question for guidance on how to get the best from the forum.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

We are selling photography courses on our webiste, and we are using Squarespace Commerce to sell our courses. What we want to be able to do is know what specific course a customer bought on our end of things. Is there a way for us to see this information in the commerce section? For instance, in the "orders" section of commerce? I'll attach a screenshot here of what it looks like now.

The site isn't public yet. Here is the site-wide password:

Charlotte0908

Our webiste is called "Photofusion".

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 11.37.13 AM.png

Edited by oliviatindall
  • Solution
11 minutes ago, oliviatindall said:

We are selling photography courses on our website, and we are using Squarespace Commerce to sell our courses. What we want to be able to do is know what specific course a customer bought on our end of things.

In the Orders Panel (shown in your screenshot) you can click on an order within the list to show the details for that order. The details should show the course names you assigned to the 'products' that were purchased on that order.

Also, if you assign images to each course, you'll see a thumbnail of this in the column to the right of the order number, making it easy to see who ordered which course by glancing at the list. 

You can also track purchases in the Analytics Panel but Squarespace does not provide a way to select a product/course and list the relevant orders to know who purchased it.  

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009