What's new at Squarespace - November 2022

We’ve been collecting updates all month. Here’s everything that happened at Squarespace in November!  Which updates are you most excited about?  

Commerce 

Introducing the Order Status page 

Your customers can now keep track of their orders from a new order status page, which updates automatically when you change the order’s fulfillment status. Previously, customers could reference their order information in their confirmation email, but they couldn’t check for changes within Squarespace. 

Learn more about the Order Status page.

Manage key features of Member Areas in the Membership panel  

We added a Memberships panel to the Commerce area of your site so you can manage key features for your site’s members-only areas from a central location. Before this, these features were only available in the Member Areas panel. 

Learn more about the Membership panel

Purchase shipping labels from the Squarespace app

You can now buy and print shipping labels from the Squarespace App. Previously, you could only do this on the computer. 

Learn more about purchasing shipping labels on the iOS app

Email Campaigns

Woo your mailing list with seasonal templates  

Want to dazzle your audience with a beautiful email campaign? We’ve added new seasonal templates you can use to create an eye-catching, traffic-driving campaign. 

Check out the seasonal templates Marketing > Email Campaigns by clicking Create. 

Google Workspace 

New plan option alert: the Business Standard plan 

In addition to Google’s Business Starter plan, we now support the Business Standard plan when you sign up for Google Workspace from your Squarespace site. The Business Standard plan offers 2TB of cloud storage per user and some other features you may find helpful. 

Learn more about Squarespace’s integration with Google Workspace and the Business Standard plan.

Squarespace Scheduling

Admin calendar redesign 

We redesigned the Scheduling Calendar page to give it a more streamlined look. Everything functions the same, but you’ll notice some UI changes, like the New and Class buttons being consolidated under an Add New button and new dropdown filters. 

Learn more about the Scheduling calendars.  

Unfold Bio Sites 

Drive revenue from your Bio Site with PayPal 

In addition to Stripe, you can now accept PayPal for tips and crowdfunding in your Bio Site. 

Learn more about accepting payments on Bio Sites

Showcase your NFTs on your Unfold Bio Site

Connect your crypto wallet to Unfold to display your NFT collection right on your Bio Site with the new Collectible Storefront section.  

Learn more about setting up the Collectible Storefront section in your Bio Site

Websites and domains 

Create eye-catching content with text highlights 

The text toolbar just got a new tool! You can now choose between 11 text highlights to make your text stand out and add even more flare to your content. 

Learn more about text highlights. We’d love to see what you create with text highlights! Show off your site on this post. 

Internationalization: Fluid Engine 

Fluid Engine is now available to sites in our fully supported languages: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish. The initial launch of Fluid Engine was only available to English sites, so we’re thrilled about this development. 

Learn more about Fluid Engine

Internationalization: Regional formatting preview 

We added a preview of how dates, times, and currencies display on your Squarespace site in the Language & region panel based on your chosen language. Prior to this, you had to change the language and look in relevant areas on your site to see those. 

Learn more about changing your site’s language settings

Style your social icons 

Social icons in 7.1 headers and social links blocks now have the option to add borders with new styling options. You can add a personal touch to those icons to help them stand out on your site. 

Learn more about social icons

• 2 weeks later...

Squarespace: *Adds new features*

How about fixing the site-ruining bugs you introduced last time?

Fluid engine is completely broken, doesn't support 2 column layouts. Apparently this beyond the skillset of your development team.

Edited by Vitality
  • 1 month later...

I recently updated my personal plan to the business plan but the google workspace is not updating to that plan. I received the following message: 

"Your domain is already connected to a Google Workspace account. Most likely, someone already registered this domain through Google or another reseller. Try another domain, or follow Google’s instructions to remove this domain from its existing Google Workspace account." 

I do not have another domain. I think I registered my domain through Google. I tried to follow the instructions but the DNS file is not recognized or found. Thoughts?

I would like some of the functionality associate with the google business workspace. Any clue how I get those to link up? I am currently paying for nothing other wise.

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic