Adding an HTML sitemap for accessibility

I'm working to create more WCAG 2.1 compliant websites. I'd like to be able to have an html site map that automatically updates whenever something is added to the primary navigation.

Does anyone have a method or plugin for doing this? Basically I'd like to somehow embed the code to reproduce the navigation in the body of a web page and list it in a simple hierarchical html bulleted list format. It's tough to try and search on this because every article is in regards to SEO.

Similarly if there's some way to render an XML site map into a readable HTML presentation that could also work. I don't know enough about XML frankly to know if this is possible and the search results haven't given me hope. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Views 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, carylenore said:

I'm working to create more WCAG 2.1 compliant websites. I'd like to be able to have an html site map that automatically updates whenever something is added to the primary navigation.

Does anyone have a method or plugin for doing this? Basically I'd like to somehow embed the code to reproduce the navigation in the body of a web page and list it in a simple hierarchical html bulleted list format. It's tough to try and search on this because every article is in regards to SEO.

Similarly if there's some way to render an XML site map into a readable HTML presentation that could also work. I don't know enough about XML frankly to know if this is possible and the search results haven't given me hope. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have any samples which you want to achieve?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...