How do I remove the underline from an active link?

Hi all! I'm putting some text overlaying on the images and would like to let users to click the image to go on other pages.

I could have just add the link to the image but I find the text overlaying on top on the image would affect the area of clicking, so I still have to make the text linkable. 

I find the link having underline font style in it not looking neat enough and hoping to get rid of it. Could anyone help pointing me the right direction? Thank you in advance!

Hello there!

To remove the underline from an active link on a web page, you can use the following CSS code:
a { text-decoration: none }

If you want to remove the underline from all links on a web page, you can use the following CSS code:
a { text-decoration: none }
li a { text-decoration:none }

Also, you can highlight the text you want to be a link. Then, right-click on the text and select "Hyperlink." In the "Link Properties" dialog box that pops up, uncheck the "Underline Hyperlink" checkbox and click "OK." Your text will now appear without an underline, indicating that it's a live link.

22 hours ago, blissfulpaws said:

I cannot find the right click for Link Properties that you mentioned. Also tried to change the CSS but it doesn't make any difference. Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11.03.55 AM.png

Try this code

a {
	text-decoration: none !important;
	background-image: none !important;
	border: none !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)