7.0 I want the background of my header to be white while using a full width banner image.

Hi there,

I would like to make the background of my header white because I want the logo and main nav to pop, however I also want a full width banner below it.  Right now I have to add the banner through Page settings -> media ->add image, but this makes it go all the way up the page into the header.  I have tried to work around this on another site using 7.1 by making the top of the image itself white - but this looks really pixilated and not very good (ridelikeagiel.ca for the example).  The website I am working on now is 7.0 and the page I'm working on isn't published (I have a temporary holding page while I work on it).

Please help!

Thanks,

Sarah

• Replies 3
  • Views 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, coneymaroney said:

Hi there,

I would like to make the background of my header white because I want the logo and main nav to pop, however I also want a full width banner below it.  Right now I have to add the banner through Page settings -> media ->add image, but this makes it go all the way up the page into the header.  I have tried to work around this on another site using 7.1 by making the top of the image itself white - but this looks really pixilated and not very good (ridelikeagiel.ca for the example).  The website I am working on now is 7.0 and the page I'm working on isn't published (I have a temporary holding page while I work on it).

Please help!

Thanks,

Sarah

Can you share the URL of your site so I can take a look?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Do you mean this page?

image.thumb.png.a7ff4decef995ac339fec829bb669eb0.png

I can not see that background of the first section on this page. Do I miss your point?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!