Error parsing Custom CSS, verify Custom CSS is valid. - someone help

Hi I got this error message saying "Error parsing Custom CSS, verify Custom CSS is valid" on my blog page editing and also events and I suppose any pages which when I want to do editing. 

What can I do ? I did not change any custom code and will definitely not touch any part of it as I think that may break the entire site and I have no developers to help me in this as I'm managing the site myself. 

Please help!

custom code error.png

• Replies 16
  • Views 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you see this message, go back to Design > Custom CSS and look for errors in your code.

If you aren't familiar with code or have added code that you found online, I recommend that you remove it, save it somewhere safe (not on Squarespace) and save your changes. You can then check to see if this has cleared the error.

If the error persists, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly for assistance with the platform.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I have went to the Custom CSS page of my own site but there are no parts that have red error messages. I was directed by them to here to seek assistance. Just find it utterly unhelpful and extremely distressing. 

I have attached here in the private youtube video the entire run through of my CSS custom code but there are no error red messages.

What other ways are there to help? SOS!!!!

Edited by Lim
On 11/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, Lim said:

I have went to the Custom CSS page of my own site but there are no parts that have red error messages. I was directed by [Squarespace Customer Care] to here to seek assistance.

I recommend that you follow the advice in this similar thread:

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul 

Thank you so much for all the guidance.  I will save my CSS code but I don't think I will dare to delete everything and then slowly put back, its too stressful because my site runs on the custom code. 

I have already feedback to the Squarespace customer care. I believe its issue on their side because I have not touch anything and one day the error message just pop up. I would not risk breaking my whole site because of their backend issue.

I also think its Squarespace side. But the way they resolve this problem is disappointing as I feel the support is weak and they just brush us to forum to seek out solutions on our own without looking further into what may be causing the issue on their end. 

15 hours ago, peterboxall said:

It seems obvious given the proliferation of the problem that it's a backend issue so what are squarespace doing?

It may appear this way, but where I have been asked to check sites with this error, all the sites had genuine code issues that required correction or removal 🙂

Edited by paul2009

1 minute ago, brynna said:

For the record, I am having the same problem

Have you followed the advice that I gave in this post?

1 hour ago, Rjafadi said:

Can someone help me understand why this is showing up?

Please see this thread:

8 hours ago, Rjafadi said:

Could this be the problem?

No. Go to Design > Custom CSS and look for errors in your code.