• Replies 3
  • Views 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, CelsoDiniz said:

Is there a way to set up this BLOG POST https://www.celsodinizphoto.com/blog/homepage to be the homepage?

As you said, you can set the Blog page to be the homepage, but you cannot set an item within a collection (such as a post within a blog) to be the homepage. If you'd like the blog post content to be on the homepage, you may want to consider placing it on a standard page instead of in a post.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

3 hours ago, paul2009 said:

As you said, you can set the Blog page to be the homepage, but you cannot set an item within a collection (such as a post within a blog) to be the homepage. If you'd like the blog post content to be on the homepage, you may want to consider placing it on a standard page instead of in a post.

Hi,

I've actually done that, and I am using this page https://www.celsodinizphoto.com/home as the home page which looks pretty much the same as the  blog post EXCEPT that the blog post shows a row of SOCIAL SHARE ICONS on the top and a COMMENT BOX at the bottom.  

Is there a way to have those two elements, the SOCIAL SHARE ICONS and THE COMMENT BOX included on this page https://www.celsodinizphoto.com/home ?

Thanks!

Celso.

1 hour ago, CelsoDiniz said:

Is there a way to have those two elements, the SOCIAL SHARE ICONS and THE COMMENT BOX included on [the home] page

You can add social icons by adding a Social Links Block to the page.

Comments can only be added to blog posts.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance