Squarewebsites' uploader no longer working? Cross Origin Request failed

Go to solution Solved by michaeleparkour,

Hi, I've been using the @michaeleparkour's Squarewebsites' Uploader (https://www.squarewebsites.org/blog/squarespace-websites-uploader) for about a week until yesterday, when it suddenly stopped working. The upload gets canceled by a 500 error,

"Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://uploader.squarewebsites.org/api/upload/. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 500."

Would anyone please know a solution to this? My business is 100% dependent on this, I am in the middle of a running marketing launch campaign and I had to close the store, this is a serious financial hit for me.

Edited by AILLUSTRATOR
1 hour ago, AILLUSTRATOR said:

I've been using the Squarewebsites' Uploader...until yesterday, when it suddenly stopped working.

I recommend that you get in touch via the Squarewebsites Slack support link.

There is a report in #general about the uploader not working since yesterday, but as Michael is in Ukraine, support is likely to take longer than normal.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution
1 hour ago, AILLUSTRATOR said:

Hi, I've been using the @michaeleparkour's Squarewebsites' Uploader (https://www.squarewebsites.org/blog/squarespace-websites-uploader) for about a week until yesterday, when it suddenly stopped working. The upload gets canceled by a 500 error,

"Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://uploader.squarewebsites.org/api/upload/. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 500."

Would anyone please know a solution to this? My business is 100% dependent on this, I am in the middle of a running marketing launch campaign and I had to close the store, this is a serious financial hit for me.

Hello. Sorry, these happened because unusual activity and server just had no space. Will be resolving that. This project will be stopped or will be migrated to subscription service in future.

23 minutes ago, michaeleparkour said:

Hello. Sorry, these happened because unusual activity and server just had no space. Will be resolving that. This project will be stopped or will be migrated to subscription service in future.

Hi, thank you for the reply, in the meantime, I noticed on Slack what's going on, I'm sorry about everything you're going through.

Anyway, I am absolutely fine with paying for the service (I at least donated a little earlier today), but please, notify me if you were planning on stopping it.

As for now, do you have any idea when the service will be running again?

EDIT: It's running already, thank you!

Edited by AILLUSTRATOR
28 minutes ago, michaeleparkour said:

Make sure to keep us updated if you go subscription. This is one of the few plugins that I would seriously steer clients towards even on a subscription model.