Site not index in Google

Hi,
Would you be able to provide me with some assistance in getting my site indexed by Google? At the moment, it doesn't appear at all. I have customized the SEO for each page, verified my website domain with Google Search Console, and am currently waiting for Indexing to be completed in my various URL's. The Google Search Console has also been updated with my site map. 
What else am I missing in order for my website to pop up with a google search?
Thanks so much! 

Edited by johnmaclain234
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John,

Getting your site indexed on Google can be frustrating at times, particularly for new sites. Below I've added some potential solutions to help you out.

• Add more content to the pages: Google doesn't like to index "thin pages" (pages with less than 300 words), so it's best to add content in the form of FAQs and anything that will provide value to the reader. 
  • Add more internal links: Internal links are links between the pages on your website. Adding more internal links make it easier for users (and Google) to navigate your site and will increase the chance you get indexed.
  • Get more backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites, to yours. The more high-quality, relevant backlinks your site has, the more likely you will get indexed and rank for more competitive keywords.
  • Follow SEO best practices: Customising the SEO for each page may not be enough - you typically need to ensure meta descriptions, SEO titles, URLs, images, alt tags etc., follow best practices to make it as easy as possible to rank. For example, ensure you compress all of your images; otherwise, you'll have a slow site that isn't user-friendly, which Google doesn't favour.

Happy to help if you have any more questions.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png