Gallery has some kind of overlay - png is not fully transparent

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Hello, There is some kind of overlay on the gallery block that makes png images not fully transparent. See screenshot - a the gallery container shows a box with some kind of overlay. I'll also attach the png image so you can see it is fully transparent.

This is a super common issue but I can't find the solution for GALLERY BLOCKS on the FLUID ENGINE.

I've gone through the styles for the whole website and set all "overlays" to transparent but it doesn't help.

How to remove this overlay? Site is not paid/published yet for client, but screenshot is attached - should be clear what the issue is.

I remember solving once before, a few versions ago, but can't remember how!

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 12.43.16 PM.png

home-banner-text-slide-waste-to-energy.png

• Solution
13 hours ago, djembe said:

I've gone through the styles for the whole website and set all "overlays" to transparent but it doesn't help.

How to remove this overlay? Site is not paid/published yet for client, but screenshot is attached - should be clear what the issue is.

If you've set the overlays to transparent in the styles menu, then it's not particularly clear what the issue is, but if you can set up a site wide password, and share the website URL and page this is on, it should be possible to supply some CSS to fix this.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 2 weeks later...