Jump to content

How do I change the height/length of the project image in my portfolio?

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, squarespacer01 said:

I would like to change the size of the grid image in my portfolio projects but I can't figure out how to do it.

I can change the width by using the CSS code below but not the height of the project

.grid-image {
  width: 100% !important;

}

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look?

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
On 11/25/2022 at 1:10 AM, Beyondspace said:

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look?

Hi Beyondspace,

I hope it's ok for me to just share the url below. 

https://www.pecamora.com/landscape

I want to be able to reduce the aspect ratio of each project to a custom size so I can fit more projects on the screen at the same time.

I tried using the code below but all it does is change the size of the image and not the entire project block

 

.grid-image {

padding-bottom: 50% !important;

}

 

 

Link to comment
On 11/29/2022 at 5:08 AM, squarespacer01 said:

Hi Beyondspace,

I hope it's ok for me to just share the url below. 

https://www.pecamora.com/landscape

I want to be able to reduce the aspect ratio of each project to a custom size so I can fit more projects on the screen at the same time.

I tried using the code below but all it does is change the size of the image and not the entire project block

 

.grid-image {

padding-bottom: 50% !important;

}

 

 

There is a space below the project items which is the padding bottom of portfolio section.

You can try the following Css code to remove this padding

section[data-section-id="62d4dbaac00c0965ccd6c825"] #gridThumbs {
  padding-bottom: 0;
}

Support me by pressing 👍  or marking as solution if this useful for you
 

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment

My testing

image.thumb.png.9968272b9d61148fc991d70214b15545.png

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Beyondspace said:

There is a space below the project items which is the padding bottom of portfolio section.

You can try the following Css code to remove this padding

section[data-section-id="62d4dbaac00c0965ccd6c825"] #gridThumbs {
  padding-bottom: 0;
}

Support me by pressing 👍  or marking as solution if this useful for you
 

Thank you Beyondspace, that is very useful. But is there a way to apply this code to all my portfolio pages instead of using the specific section code?

Also did you find a way to make the height of each project smaller so I can fit more projects on the screen at once?

Thank you again for your help!

Link to comment

You can try

@media screen and (min-width: 992px) {
  div#gridThumbs {
    padding-bottom: 0;
  }
}

to remove the bottom padding

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • Solution

Try the following one to change height of each item

.tweak-portfolio-grid-overlay-image-aspect-ratio-ultra-widescreen .portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-image, .tweak-portfolio-grid-overlay-image-aspect-ratio-ultra-widescreen .portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-item {
  padding-bottom: 100%;
}

Change the value % until it meets your need

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Beyondspace said:

Try the following one to change height of each item

.tweak-portfolio-grid-overlay-image-aspect-ratio-ultra-widescreen .portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-image, .tweak-portfolio-grid-overlay-image-aspect-ratio-ultra-widescreen .portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-item {
  padding-bottom: 100%;
}

Change the value % until it meets your need

Thank you so much for your help, this is exactly what I was looking for! And also thank you for helping me with the bottom padding, I really appreciate that.

 

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.