Scrolling block not working?

I'm trying to use the scrolling block feature, but it isn't scrolling, although it is visible.

No idea if i'm doing something wrong or how to fix it? Any suggestions for any specific code that I could try instead? I'm wondering if its to do with my template or my version (cant remember either), however I couldn't find anything to say it only worked only with certain templates/versions.

URL is www.anjart.co.uk/shop

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can see the scrolling block is working.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here. Added some random scrolling blocks on a test page (empty page, empty section, scrolling block only, default settings). Text is visible, but not scrolling, tried different browsers. Text block on the original reporter's site (www.anjart.co.uk/shop) does not scroll either. Is this feature in personal plan disabled?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue, and I didn't believe this would actually work. So I usually change all my settings on Windows 10 to max performance. If your on windows, type in Adjust the appearance and performance of windows and change to max appearance. Crazy but it worked for me somehow. Change it to the one, See if that works. It worked for me! Maybe when you click performance somehow windows disables animation code directly associated with browsers and websites, I have no idea how that would effect the browser but it did. So weird. Hopefully it works for you buddy.image.thumb.png.eb24ef2744aa37a5643b7f75d80d0bb4.pngimage.thumb.png.f774ea6bbe440be48f76b773ff10a226.pngws theres no animation 

• 10 months later...

@JSDesigns you are correct.

It's the "Animate controls and elements inside windows" option that needs to be checked in the Windows settings. Otherwise all animated blocks and background motion effects in Squarespace don't work.

Visitors to your site who have this option unchecked (a non-trivial amount) won't see any of your website's animated effects.

This renders these effects unusable because you can't guarantee they will work.

Squarespace has neglected to acknowledge this problem despite it being mentioned in various other forum posts.