Are accordion blocks SEO friendly?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, I just wonder are Squarespace accorcion blocks SEO friendly? I mean if I put some content to accordion block is Google, and people and who are searching, going to find the content?

I am using accordion block on my site here: https://www.emisbeauty.fi/kestopigmentointi

That content needs to be search engine optimized, so I was thinking if I use accordion or not. Any thoughts? Use or not to use?

• Solution
19 minutes ago, JuhaJukarainen said:

I just wonder are Squarespace accordion blocks SEO friendly? I mean if I put some content to accordion block is Google, and people and who are searching, going to find the content?

Google usually treats collapsible content (such as that in Accordion Blocks) as normal content, even if it is hidden on the initial view. (Of course, this assumes the accordion content is genuine and not "stuffed" with keywords.)

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

As Paul said above, accordions are fine as long as you don't stuff them with keywords.

Accordions are a great way to increase word count on pages where you don't want a wall of text. Google doesn't like thin content pages (words with 300 words or less), so accordions can help you go beyond this count.

If you want to increase the likelihood of people finding your accordion content on search engines AND the content in the accordion are FAQs, I recommend adding an FAQ Schema.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Hi there. Thin content refers to low-quality low-value pages, it is not word count: https://www.collaborada.com/blog/seo-word-count

Edited by Collaborada
clarity

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014