is it possible to create a bigger region hover over link?

Hello, 
i have been on research in this forum for hover over effects.

Is it possible to have a more generous, bigger region hover over to link to a page? 
i aim for a faster user understanding and would like to simplify this action by a more generous region to link on a certain page.

pls see the attachment as expample. Thank you for any help in advance!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-22 um 17.59.41.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a few ways that you could achieve this. Can you share your website URL and this page?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

13 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

There are a few ways that you could achieve this. Can you share your website URL and this page?

hello @Ziggy

interesting why a lot of post replies are "what is your url?" i hope its not a lack of information from the form to fill out 🙂  

its www.lonniwong.com/home

ideally maybe it is possible to "draw a freestyle rectangle size" with > add block  </> code? 

1 hour ago, LonniWong said:

interesting why a lot of post replies are "what is your url?" i hope its not a lack of information from the form to fill out 🙂  

Yes, it's almost always the first question, it is requested in the form, but as you can see, it's not included in the question, and seeing the website is almost always necessary to provide custom help.

1 hour ago, LonniWong said:

ideally maybe it is possible to "draw a freestyle rectangle size" with > add block  </> code? 

Yes, with Fluid Engine, you can certainly add a code block and stretch it to fit, you could also use an image block with a small transparent PNG set to fit and a click-through link on the image, just have it covering the grid area you want.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Yes, it's almost always the first question, it is requested in the form, but as you can see, it's not included in the question, and seeing the website is almost always necessary to provide custom help.

Yes, with Fluid Engine, you can certainly add a code block and stretch it to fit, you could also use an image block with a small transparent PNG set to fit and a click-through link on the image, just have it covering the grid area you want.

thank you @ziggy

i will try your solution to stretch a small png over another area!

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

@Ziggythank you for your efficient simple help! works fine!

hello @Ziggy
sorry to ask again: and would it be possible to have a quick color (red i.e.) change once clicked on this area?

i aim a visual feedback, once clicked on an image. Especially on mobile there is no similar desktop hover change effect of the mouse.

it is again this site www.lonniwong.com/home 

but actually all clickable images would be nice in general to have a quick color change after clicking, is that possible?
thank you for your help, if you can.